Sunday, June 19, 2011

the BIG party

We welcomed M5 to our house on Friday night and we were so excited to have room for everyone to stay at OUR HOUSE!!! I think everyone liked the new house and I was reassured of our purchase after seeing how great a little extra space really is!

After much anticipation, marking days off the June calendar, and explaining over and over that Edwin's birthday (June 12) was BEFORE his birthday party (June 18) and that it wasn't just HIS birthday party...but a party for him and Lyla and that her birthday would be AFTER the party...SATURDAY arrived! Melinda and I went to ZUMBA to get some pre-party exercise in and I forced her to go last-minute party supply shopping with me...it was a FULL MORNING. When we got home for lunch, Grandma Nikki and Grandpa Mike came over to give the kids their gifts early. They got them a swimming pool and the plan was to set it up for the kids to play in it at the party - however, the weather had other ideas...but we can't wait to use it with the neighborhood kids soon!!!

The kids went for naps and we began to tranform the house into the BATCAVE. Grandma Nikki and Meredith took the messiest job by far and filled all of the water balloons...Grandma Ross and Madeline helped with all of the decorations and everything was AWESOME!!!! When the kids got up from their nap, we transformed into our SUPERFAMILY!!!! Even Sedona dressed up for the party as The Joker!



Before we got the games started, the kids really enjoyed our new playset...special thanks to Adam Saunders who helped lay the landscaping timbers on Thursday night!!! We are truly blessed to have such handy friends!!! LOL

Finally, the villains were ready to do their job. We had them posted around the yard and gave the kids silly string web shooters to go on a villain hunt. So fun! Edwin's favorite villain was VENUM...

Next, the water balloons were ready for action. All of that hard work to fill them took about 5 minutes to pop everyone of them!!! hahahaha...the little kids didn't get the balloon toss idea, but they sure had fun watching them bust!!!


SO SO SOOOOO nice to have a viewing area from our new deck...




Time for gifts...there were sooooo many. I didn't get a shot of our living room beforehand (perhaps someone else remembered to do that???) and I can't explain in words how spoiled my kids are...they don't even realize...To save time - Dave helped Edwin open gifts and I helped Lyla at the same time...I hated not seeing everything, but I think it was worth it and after the party I went back through everything and couldn't believe how much awesome new stuff we have!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!



So, I've been searching for a really REALLY long time to find an actual Batmobile for Edwin and a few weeks before the party, I FOUND IT on craigslist. They guy originally wanted $250 - but I talked him down to $100 after sharing my -I'm-a-stay-at-home-mom sob story with him...I had to buy a new battery and an so thankful to Grandpa Mike for helping me getting it working...because...check out Edwin's face - priceless!!!! SO WORTH IT!!!!

Natalie Cohen made the kids' cakes again this year and outdid herself again. They were exactly what I had in mind...PERFECT!!!!

Edwin was so patient...

Lyla LOVES sweets...just like her mama!!!

After the guests started filtering out...Edwin took a load off and relaxed for a bit on his new Batman furniture from Grandpa Randy and Tiffany...notice the box behind the girls? Yep, it is a new play kitchen WITH A GRILL!!!! Just what Edwin wanted and Grandma Ross saved the day again! I will post more pics of the kitchen once we finish putting it together...we thought it was going to be an easy job...and yes, we are still working on it almost a week later...LOL

All in all, I think the Superhero party was a HUGE success. Thanks to many of my family and friends for all of their help getting our house ready for such an occasion and for helping the day of the party. You all know who you are and I couldn't do it without each of you!!!! THANK YOU to everyone for always showing my kids how special they are and reminding me how awesome/blessed my life is!!!!

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

Posts worth waiting for! Thanks!