Tuesday, June 12, 2012

weeks in review....oops!!!

Ok, ok, ok, I know I have been a lazy, blogger :)  It has been quite busy around the house these days. So last night, I sit down to enter my long lost blog and ... NOTHING WORKS! Of all times for the cable service NOT to work.  See, I wasn't meant to update quite yet.  Well, come to find that our underground cable wire is not functioning. Soooo, we got an above ground cable running across our already torn up lawn.  It will eventually be buried in the grass which means we will have another lovely grassless tunnel system to deal with. :(
In reference to Dave's previous blog, it was my request for Dave to hand over his Oasis CDs.  I love Oasis and somehow don't own a single CD of theirs.  Hello!  I have been fine tuning my iPod that I listen to and from work.  Finally deleted all that rap crap, I mean Matt's music off it.  YAY!  I can't wait to see DAVE this weekend to let me "steal" his music :)
Here is a group shot of the cousins during the Loveland Rosses' visit to Canfield with Sarah.
So what have you missed?  Meredith did an awesome job at her Nursery Rhyme Program .  She proclaimed Mary Had A Little Lamb excellently!!  See her little prop??  Her mommy did a TERRIBLE job of taping it.  She did not check her camera's battery which affected her ability to video focus.  :(  I got the audio, but nauseating footage attached with it. I will spare you.
Next up, Memorial Day Weekend!  Our neighbor's picnic was just so exciting for the girls.  The rented a Superhero Bounce A Round!!!  (which ended up being the hottest green house effect sweat box EVER!....the kids LOVED it..drippingly!!)
Then we were off for 2 days to Papa and Deb's house for a sleepover/bday party/Memorial Day picnic.  The men-folk got all lathered up with sunscreen on Sunday and headed off to the golf course for 18 holes of friendly competition.  Reality= the "threat" of severe weather kept them off the already paid for course after golfing only 2 holes.  Icing on this cake? NO RAIN CHECKS!
 While the males were standing and hoping that the golf course gods changed their minds (for HOURS!!!), the girls stayed behind to make Papa his requested cupcake bday dessert.  The girls selected a strawberry cupcake with a strawberry preserve and greek yogurt filling. Yum Yum!! .............did I mention it never did rain??
The picnic/bday party for Papa the next day had delicious food as usual!! And great company as usual!! I thought these two photos were my best of the weekend :)
Madeline had an interesting birthday party that she attended.  I think these Canfield parents keep raising the bar higher and higher each year.  This was so far the most impressive.  To start it was on a school night until 8 pm at a fancy Hair Salon Training School.  All the girls had their own hair stylist, nail polisher, massager, etc.  They actually got "blowouts"!!! Can you believe they got her hair to curl? And it lasted for 36 hours!

Finally, we celebrated the girls last soccer games with Grandma, Papa and Deb attending them.  Papa and Deb even had a sleepover with us.  Madeline put a welcome post-it note on her bedroom door along with fresh sheets :)
 Like Papa, Deb requested some cupcakes from the girls.  We really stretched our creativity this time creating dragonfly cupcakes out of pretzels.  What a success!!

I thought I would end this blog with a leggy picture of Madeline looking all dorko in her swimsuit, tennis shoes, and bike helmet. HAHA. She needs to keep safe riding her bike no matter how it hurts her fashion style. :)

No comments: