Friday, May 30, 2008

Blogger Under Pressure

So, I must admit that this blog is mostly (and by that I mean 100%) Dave's idea...but I've been told it is OUR blog, so I'll do my best to post interesting tidbits/thoughts.

Pregnancy Update
The days are definitely becoming longer - my due date is creeping closer and closer...I'm now 37-1/2 weeks pregnant and completely understand why so many women complain during their final month of pregnancy. Every part of my body feels different - strange back pains, leg pains, sleepless nights, uncomfortable dr. visits, fatigue...I could go on, but won't. I've had a relatively easy and painfree pregnancy, so I try my best to not complain...it will all be over soon, and these are moments that I'm told I will treasure for a lifetime...so I'm trying to not take anything (even the bad stuff) for granted.

Today's Thought
Dave reminded me that this would be a good place to post anything that I'm passionate about. Lately I've been doing a lot of thinking about litter, specifically cigarette butts...if you smoke, PLEASE dispose of your cigarette butts properly. As a non-smoker, it is so frustrating to see people flick their butts on the street, sidewalk, grass, etc. Of course, my first request is to ask anyone who smokes - PLEASE STOP! You all know the dangers of smoking...but if you won't quit or don't want to...PLEASE STOP LITTERING!!!

Please visit http://www.cigarettelitter.org to learn more about the negative impact of cigarette butt litter, including the following facts:
  • Cigarettes are the number one source of litter in the world, with an estimated several trillion littered annually.
  • Cigarette butts are NOT biodegradable -- they are made of plastic fibers.
  • Littered cigarette filters contain toxic chemicals which are released into the environment.
  • Cigarette litter causes numerous fires every year, many of which are fatal.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I agree this is a problem. What can a random citizen do to help solve it?