Sunday, November 7, 2010

WEEK IN REVIEW

I am now wrapping up my week off. Sniff Sniff. Although it was busy with taking/pickup up girls from school, doctor's appointments, and dance lessons, I could definitely get used to the stay-at-home role :) In order to make this happen, I must hit the Mega Millions. Come on!
Luckily, I was off this week b/c Thursday was Picture Day for both of the girls. Can you imagine had Matt been the one to get them dressed and fixed their hair on the SAME day?!? Oh, man. I know he is happy ! Meredith even allowed me to use the curling iron on her. I had to threaten them with "don't even TOUCH this iron, it will burn your hand right off!!". I like to take extreme measures for safety.
On top of the picture day, it was also Meredith's "leader" day. She had to bring a snack, a book, and a toy to share. She was non-committal in the toy and book decision, so I did it for her. We had no time to spare!
I actually had a girls dinner out 2 nights in a row. I haven't had one all year I think. When it rains it pours, I guess.
Madeline is still upset that Halloween is over. She asked me how many holidays have to go by before it comes around again. This is going to be a looooonnnggg year if she doesn't drop this.
The highlight of my week was being home during the nap time. Not b/c I got a break from the girls fighting each other (well , maybe), but because I can hear Madeline playing in her room. She doesn't take much of a nap anymore, but we encourage her to have alone time to do what she wants. She has decided that her favorite thing is to play school. Teacher Madeline leads class every day during her nap. With a notebook and pencil, Madeline is set to create the perfect school environment. She actually carries out a lesson and grades each paper! She writes "love" on each sheet! She didn't know how to do 100% so she wrote 100 prset. " I didn't know how to spell it so I sounded it out. " She did the same technique with her classmate's names. Some are a bit challenging when you leave out all the vowels. HAHA.
Our art project for today... pipe cleaner animals with diorama included! Oh wow!
Don't forget to check out my recent addition of Madeline's Camera shots ( click here) . There are many, but some are good !

No comments: