Friday, February 18, 2011

Goodbye Tucson

We arrived in Tucson on Feb 5 just in time to go out to dinner for my 32nd birthday. We stopped at the grocery on the way to my grandparent's mobile home...to be honest, I was stalling because I couldn't imagine going there without them being there.

When we finally got to the house, I was right. It was too quiet - no computer, no tv, nothing. I looked around and immediately felt extreme anxiety...how in the world would we get everything packed? How in the world am I going to take over Fun With Rocks and know what to do?

Well, it all worked out. It was a L-O-N-G week with lots of ups and downs. Thank God my dad, Tiffany, and Emma (Dave's cousin) were all there to help. We packed more than 200 boxes to ship home and I completed my first rock show without Paps. It was so bittersweet...and the one thing I know is that I'm so excited to do more. I've already signed up to do the Cincinnati Gem Show in May...

When our plan left Tucson on Feb 14th - it was hard to keep smiling. It feels so strange to say goodbye to Tucson...hopefully I'll make it back there...but for now, at least I have some awesome memories!!!














2 comments:

jenna said...

mindy, you will be great at doing the rock show in may.. if you need help i took the weekend off cuz i was planning to go there anyways.. im making shirts for may with grandma & grandpa giehls and some of his pieces and the fun with rocks name..
he taught you what to do.. you will be great at it.. no doubt about it. the pictures that you took were awesome.. im going to miss tucson too.. hopefully we all go back some time in the future..
jenna.

Chrissy Bailey said...

Sorry it has took me so long to catch up on your blog postings.
Mindy I know that if there was one thing you were passionate about it was going over rocks, gems, and anything that had to deal with helping your grandfather. I still remember that noise coming from the garage where those rocks or stones would be turning for hours upon hours. Your grandfather (and grandmother) I know are so proud of you and your accomplishments. He wouldn't have had anyone else doing what was left for you to do!
I just told Taylor the other day about how Grandpa Ralph taught me and you how to make trees with beautiful leaves that were stones. I still to this day think I could do one on my own. He was such a great teacher and you were always there willing and able to learn.
The best of Luck to you at your future endeavors with Fun With Rocks! I hope you know I am here and willing to help if you ever need it!!
Chrissy