Sunday, February 20, 2011

WEEK IN REVIEW

the girls doing a scrapbook
Madeline concentrating on her glue sticking
Meredith obviously has inherited my tongue sticking out while you work.

This was one of those weeks where I had information overload! After traveling to Utah to get trained on the laser, I received some hands on training at our office this week. Firstly, you are sweating it b/c you haven't ever done this on anything but a pig's jaw (dead pig at that). Now , you have 2 instructors behind you and a patient that thinks he is a guinea pig (alive one). Yikes!! But, I got a few procedures under my belt with no harm done. I am certain I can handle this now. May still get sweaty pits though. :)
Then this Friday and Saturday we traveled to Cleveland for training in Botox and Dermal Fillers. After half a day, we were injecting into our staff. How scary is that!! But I did it. I can't wait to see the results (which won't occur fully until 2 weeks). The Botox portion is quick and relatively painless. We didn't administer any anesthetic for this day. The dermal fillers (for marionette lines, nasolabial folds, and lips) were administered definitely under dental anesthetic. The best part was watching a Nurse Practitioner struggle with giving the shots without any training. We had soooo much training when we learned in dental school. It stunk to be her (and her patient freaked out and almost passed out on her ). The dermal fillers you see immediate results as the material plumps up the deep folds in the face.
So to say the least, we are broadening our horizons of dentistry trying to offer more comprehensive esthetic options.
Who's ready to get their wrinkles reduced? HAHA.

No comments: