Monday, July 4, 2011

WEEK IN REVIEW

Happy 4th of July!!! Talk about a fun filled LONG weekend for us this year ! Friday, the girls and I got to go to the flea market with my work. We all got money to spend on the treasures we had to seek out. I mean seek out. There are some truly odd things (and, oh man ,the people) there. If you are in to old china pieces and tools, then this is the place for you. My boss always threatens that we are going to set up a booth there to pull teeth all day long. We would never run out of customers! Meredith was excited about finding Jonas Brothers stickers. Madeline loves this train she found ....myself and Matt are a bit less thrilled, b/c of the loudness.
We went to the pool every day of this 4 day weekend. Definitely beautiful weather for that. I wish I had a tan to show for all my effort. At least there is no burn. I am doing good at keeping us protected.
Saturday night was Canfield's fireworks, music, and bounce arounds. I finally got to see Miss Meredith in action jumping all around. She was super sweaty after that workout! The girls were really digging the Abbey Road band (Beatles cover band). I was none too impressed with the terrible toupees. HAHA. Their music was great , however.
Sunday, Papa, Deb, and Grandma came over for a cookout. Papa tried out his new jalapeno popper grill plate. He stuffed them with cream cheese and chorizo sausage. Delicious! Definitely a recipe that we will need to repeat. Matt made a great garlic pork loin (accompanied by roasted veggies, thanks Dad and Deb). One of those unique tasty meals. Of course we needed dessert, so off to Handel's we went.
We actually had to wake the girls up early this morning to accompany Matt down to his July 4th Firecracker 4 mile race. We set up our chairs in prime location for the parade while we were down there so early. I was so impressed at the turnout (or amazed at the crazy , exercise fruits!). Matt finished without ever walking (or puking....which the girls and I had to avoid a few pukers at the end of the race...nasty).
The girls don't know how lucky they have it. HAHA. Where have I heard that before!
To view my completed June 2011 album click HERE.

No comments: