Monday, July 18, 2011

WEEK IN REVIEW

We had a birthday celebration dinner for Aunt Megan this weekend. With her new gluten free diet, we experimented with some recipes. Some worked, some were okay :)
First up was Papa's brown sugar bacon. Of course , this is a major hit! I could eat that as my only meal for the rest of my life and be happy. YUM! Can't go wrong with a Paula Deen recipe, right?Second up, Matt grilled us up a free range Australian beef tenderloin. Delicious!!!! And finally, I made a flour-less chocolate "cake" for her dessert. It was okay. A bit on the dry side. With homemade icing, it definitely sufficed for Megan. We even had a chance to play some cornhole and I must admit I was doing pretty well for a while. HAHA. I even found a very good Bisquick Gluten Free pancake mix for Sunday morning's breakfast. I was impressed with it.
After Megan and Chris returned to Hilliard, the girls and I went to the pool. Matt opted out for a nice, long bike ride in the 90 degree weather. He must really want to lose a pound at his meeting this week :) I was sweating to death next to a pool with a wet suit on, I can only imagine what it felt like to exercise in it.
When I got home today, I got the girls dressed to go to the pool. The minute I got into the driveway, it rained. Ok, we turned around to come home. The rain stopped. Oh well, don't want to risk it anymore. We decide to do the grocery shopping instead. As we are leaving the store, it was a torrential downpour. It was actually raining sideways. We made a run for it to the car. It was as if we jumped into a pool with our clothes on. We were SERIOUSLY wet. The girls laughed the whole way to the car and on the way home. Darn you Mother Nature.

No comments: