Thursday, March 15, 2012

Snuggles

This morning Edwin woke up around 7am for two reasons. 1)our garbage truck comes early and is LOUD! 2)once he wakes up, he has to go to the bathroom

Edwin still won't come out of his room (or out of his bed for that matter) without me coming to tell him it's okay...expect for the couple of rare times he's heard "me" calling him to come downstairs in the middle of the night or "someone" offering to share their cereal early in the morning??!!!!???

I think (at least I like to tell myself) that he loves me coming in and getting him up. He almost always comes in and snuggles with me until Lyla wakes up and it is some of our most precious conversations. Today he told me that he'll love me forever...and he stole my heart again...he is the most sensitive little man...

He thrives on making me proud of him and today while I got ready for work he asked if he could play legos in his room. I said sure and I was listening on the monitor to him singing and playing...after about 10-minutes he came back in my room to tell me he wanted to show me something - a surprise...I assumed it was another Lego creation - he's getting pretty good with building rockets/cars/etc...I went to his room and saw what he had been doing - not playing, but CLEANING...he cleaned his room to make me smile...his words, not mine.

I have to admit that I think he's awesome...Lyla is crazy and I'm beginning to think it isn't JUST A PHASE...so I'm having to reevaluate my parenting style with her...but with Edwin - we get each other. The more crafts/activity books/reading/etc time the better and I'm hoping our snuggle time continues for a long time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is too cute! Love to you and your little ones. So excited for another boy on the way!
H