Sunday, February 8, 2009

30 Thanks from My BIG 3-0!







1. Thanks to my parents for being crazy enough at 19 to have a baby and name her Mindy.
2. Thanks to my husband for coordinating a wonderful 3-0 party and for always making me feel beautiful!
3. Thanks to my sister for doing her best to always make me look beautiful - hair and makeup for my 3-0 were terrific and noticed by all!
4. Thanks to my son for making me feel like the best mom in the world on most days - including my 3-0.
5. Thanks to my friends for being a part of my life - on my big 3-0 and everyday!
6. Thanks for all of my gifts...I LOVE PRESENTS!!!! (blanket from Tamara, cookies from Treva, purse/bath&body from kirsta/Richard, starbucks gc from nick/jen, bread/dipping oil from kira/tony/dogs, label maker from my mom/mike, lottery tickets from my sister, chili from my dad, too much to list from dave...did I remember everything? hope so, if not THANK YOU!!!)
7. Thanks to everyone who "donated" money to our poker tournament last night - hope everyone had fun...congrats to Andy and Ryan who ended up splitting and to Dave for finishing 3rd.
8. Thanks to my dad for making the chili for the party...must have been good because I don't have much leftover for dinner tonight!
9. Thanks to my mom for making banana pudding...also must have been good because I only got one spoon full and it is GONE!!!
10. Thanks to Treva for bringing my favorite cookies - oatmeal scotchies - also must have been good because I only got 2-1/2 and they are GONE!!!!
11. Thanks to Krista for taking some photos of the party for me.
12. Thanks to Tracy who helped me pick out my birthday outfit.
13. Thanks to Mother Nature who gave me beautiful weather for my birthday party.
14. Thanks to my mom and Mike for watching Edwin so that I could play poker - don't get to do that much anymore!
15. Thanks to my M&Ms for the special birthday song on our blog.
16. Thanks to mom#2 for the birthday money - now I'll be able to get pictures printed and my scrapbook caught up again - THANKS!!!
17. Thanks to my Aunt Phyllis, Grandma Shirley, Grandpa Ralph and the countless others who called me on my birthday...and to everyone who sent cards/emails/messages of birthday thoughts.
18. Thanks to my mom/mike/dave for cleaning up the house last night...mostly!
19. Thanks to Edwin for going back to bed and sleeping all night!
20. Thanks to Sedona for being nice to our guests.
21. Thanks to Missy for coming and bringing Kaitlyn to the party!
22. Thanks to our new poker guests - Jamie and Jennifer - great to meet you both!
23. Thanks to Kelli for explaining how she knows so much about Regis and Kelly and for telling me about America's Cutest Baby contest.
24. Thanks to Ryan for always keeping me entertained with your shannanigans.
25. Thanks to Krista for making me feel like a hot mama!
26. Thanks to Dave for being interested in older women.
27. Thanks to Bob Evans for making me always crave biscuits.
28. Thanks to FB for reminding everyone about my birthday.
29. Thanks to eye make up remover and shampoo - it will be sad to remove my sister's masterpiece!
30. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING...too much to be thankful for!!!! I am one lucky 30-year-old-lady!

2 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Talk about a BIG event--but I guess one does not turn 30 every day!!!! Glad you enjoyed all of the festivities.

Melinda said...

gee i hope our little bday celebration with you won't disappoint. :) I will probably be making a chocolate cake dessert. Sound good?