Sunday, February 1, 2009

Biscuits and Dinner Rolls

I realize it's Super Bowl Sunday, and there are probably other things to write about, but I have a problem...

Bob Evans. In particular, their biscuits. They're too good. That's not the problem per se. The problem is this.

Their dinner rolls are really good. Maybe some of the best dinner rolls around. However, they are no where near the same league as the biscuits. Now since we don't go to Bob Evans all that often, I always choose biscuits.

I feel I'm missing out on some great dinner rolls, but I don't know what to do.

So far the my only solution has been to order biscuits, let Mindy order dinner rolls, then steal one of her rolls. But then that's way too much bread with one meal.

There's got to be something I can do. Otherwise, this dinner roll guilt will continue to haunt me every time I order biscuits.

P.S.: Bob Evans tip--in bad weather, park on the side of the restaurant and enter through the carry out doors.

4 comments:

Mary Lou said...

GO STEELERS!
By the way, at the Niles Bob Evans they have a sign on the carry-out door telling you not to enter or exit unless you have a carry-out order! I don't always see people obeying that, though.

Unknown said...

So I left my comment in the wrong place and I don't know if you'll get it so... here's my comment: When you order your bread, ask for one of each! I did that once when I wanted to try their banana bread but also wanted rolls. I've never had their biscuits. I guess I don't know what I'm missing!

Dave said...

I've thought of the 1 of each method, but the biscuits are so darn good that I must have 2!!

Anonymous said...

those dinner rolls are quite amazing. they sell them in my grocers freezer. what i usually do, order a bread basket mixture...the waitress asks, bisquits, rolls and banana bread? i say, no banana bread, just bisquits and rolls. we should steal bob's recipe.