Friday, February 13, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW


For about 2 weeks now, Madeline wakes up every morning asking, "is it my valentine party today?". Finally, this Thursday, we got to say , YES!!! It was our first year making a Valentine Day box and filling out valentines (Winnie the pooh). Madeline actually wrote her name on each card , and there were 17 of them. 3/4 of the way through them, she had completely forgotten how to do an 'e' , and just made an 'o' instead. I don't recall her name being Madelino. If you know me, it was sooo hard not to just take it and do it myself. HA! Speaking of, I cut the paper out for the box and let Madeline glue them onto the box and to decorate with stickers (it was Dora the explorer theme). When she was sticking her name on, she didn't care about the alignment .... but I did... however, I succeeded in not correcting them. Yay!!
Two nights ago during that terrible wind storm, Matt and I couldn't sleep b/c of this loud thud on our house. He probably went down 3 separate times with his flashlight to 'check it out'. Finally, the noise got really loud and we both shot up. I went down with him this time. We found a big sheet of shingles next to his Envoy that was in the driveway. And walked to the front of the house and found a loose, but still attached sheet of shingles banging on the roof. At last, we knew what the sound was. Just kn
owing allowed us to get to sleep for 2 more hours until morning. The girls....didn't hear a thing.
I finally remembered my camera at swim lessons today, so here are a few shots. They are by no means the greatest as the mommies have to stay at the far end of the pool to avoid us interfering. :) Madeline continues to get better every day, especially since we 'practice' in the bath tub. I took Meredith with me today. Poor kid was so hot due to the 100 degree atmosphere in there, that her cheeks were all red and her hair all sweaty and curly. She didn't care though. She kept wrapping up in the towel. Wow~


No comments: