Saturday, March 21, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW--Late

Do you know how tiring it is to work 6 days in a job that is overflowing with stress? By stress I mean physical strain on my neck and back...and depending on the number of extractions , my hands. And of course the obvious stress that the patient puts on you because the "dentist isn't my favorite place to be". Blah blah blah. Stop talking, open up, and let me finish helping you ... begrudgingly. HA!!


Now that that is off my chest, :), I had to cover the past week and 2 weekends for the boss ... so the blog got postponed until Saturday.
We didn't get to do a whole lot this week, because I became a complete energy wasteland each night at 8 pm when the girls went to bed.
Madeline was once again leader for her preschool class . The day was St. Patrick's Day. She was requested to bring in vanilla ice cream so that the class could make Shamrock Shakes. (sidenote: I didn't get my yearly Shamrock Shake from McDonald's this year, and this is very upsetting) I thought that it would also be appropriate to whip up some shamrock shaped sugar cookies and send them along as well. Madeline helped me from start to finish. However, she constantly was asking to sample the ingredients, dough, icing, and sugar sprinkles. I caught her once tasting the flour which is so nasty! I held her back from tasting the dough with raw eggs in it (didn't help that Matt was asking to eat the dough as well). The best part was when we were sitting at the table decorating the cookies. I did the icing, Madeline did the sprinkles. I was concentrating on my cookie and saw in my peripheral vision that Madeline was scarfing down the sugar sprinkles. Without looking up I yelled, "hey quit eating that, those are for the cookies!". Madeline said, " You can't see me eating this, you are looking at your cookie." I said, "Oh yes I can. I can see 2 things at the same time." Madeline responded, "can Daddy do that too?". What a stinker!! Proof that she tries to get away with things when she thinks we are not looking!
I made my first traditional St. Patty's Day corned beef and cabbage meal. I must admit it was quite tasty. We did it in the crockpot and it was so easy. Matt wasn't thrilled about the smell of the house however. He dealt with it. The girls and I enjoyed the meal. Matt ate kielbasa instead. HA!

5 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Glad to see your post and pictures. I love how Madeline's mind works!

Dave said...

- Madeline's getting too smart for her own good

- the McDonald's by our house had NO shamrock shakes this year!!!

- what makes a shamrock shake a shamrock shake anyway?

Dave said...

Shamrock Shake video doesn't work

Melinda said...

the video worked for me today and it worked at your mom's. Maybe your computer is rejecting it...it is too funny!

Dave said...

finally, I saw the clip...for a moment at the end, I was worried about what was going to happen between the old guy and the leprachaun girl...I guess it turned out OK