Friday, March 13, 2009

Week in Review

Saturday we made the trip to Pittsburgh to visit Papa and Deb. My neighbor had informed us that Disney on Ice was at the Mellon Arena, so I looked into getting tickets at the last minute. It turned out to be an enjoyable afternoon. Meredith enjoyed it the most I believe. She was dancing to the music the whole time while sitting on my lap. (which means I was dodging head butts into my mouth). Papa came with us and surprised them with Mickey and Minnie Mouse dolls. The theme was based on the Incredibles which we own, but the girls hadn't seen yet. Luckily, they included many traditional Disney characters. Mickey and Minnie got kidnapped which really upset Meredith. "where minnie? where mickey?" All ended well so the girls were thrilled! We went back to Papa's house for dinner with Deb (who missed out on the event due to a cold). They had bought a new table for the girls that you can write on and erase.
At school this week Madeline learned a couple new songs and the Pledge of Allegiance. I have included that video below! Instead of "United" States , it sounds like she is saying "unid" States . HA! Oh and we got 2 fundraisers sent home...oh my. I guess it was only a matter of time before we sold Easter candy.

Today we went shopping at Burlington Coat Factory to purchase the girls' Easter dresses. They are so cute and again they have matching baby doll dresses! Anyways, while looking for shoes, I found Madeline holding and SNIFFING a boot off the floor . Oh and seconds later, the OWNER of the boot came to get it. She was in another aisle trying something else on. GROSS!!! How embarrassing.
And finally, we have received our Girl Scout cookies from Sarah today. We were startled to hear a knock on our door this afternoon. It was Uncle Conrad bearing the cookies! So nice to have such service! We bought the two best kinds Thin Mints and Samoas. Yum Yum Yum. ALthough I am mad that the price goes up and the amount is downsized. Don't think that everyone didn't catch that at all!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Okay - Madeline is too smart. The video is great...I can't believe how well spoken she is. It is AWESOME!!! Good work mom and dad!!! I hope you eat all of those cookies before we head north again...hahaha! What do their new dresses look like? I've been looking for Edwin's Easter outfit - no luck yet, but I'm desperately searching for a tie!!!