Friday, August 7, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

Today, for the first time in decades (?) I actually read the COMICS in the paper. OK, based on this sole experience, who the hell is paying these people to write this terrible garbage?!? Are you kidding me? Do they persist because of nostalgia? The only one that made me not only crack a smile, but actually laughed was Wizard of Id. You know how I like my bathroom humor. Hee Hee.

Just pull out your COMICS insert this weekend and take a gander at these masterpieces. Trust me, they suck.

This last weekend was my office picnic at my boss's house. It was a hot day so the girls spent the entire time in the pool . None of us brought our suits with us b/c we wouldn't be parading around in front of our co-workers. Women can't really disguise veins, cellulite, and chubs in a bathing suit like you can with scrubs :) So I sat at the edge of the pool watching Meredith play on the steps with a teacup. Madeline did great swimming on her own! We all got something from the boss, but I actually won the grand prize. We had to guess the cost of the grand prize and whoever got it closest won it. It was a ..... Wii ! If anyone is keeping track, this is the 2nd time we have won a Wii and the 3rd Wii trying to be in our possession. Maybe we should have never purchased the original one. So I am currently trying to find a home or get the receipt for this duplicate. Other than the grand prize, I did get other gifts too, a rope, a lock, and cable ties. Each had a clever note on it and some hidden dollar bills. I have to admit I never thought I would own cable ties, but here I was holding something I had no idea had a purpose!

Meredith had her doctor appointment today. She is 30 lbs. (60th percentile) and her height is 81st percentile. So she is actually getting taller! The doctor tried to convince Meredith to put pee in the potty instead of in her pants... let's see if she listens to her ! She got one shot in the leg which she said, "ow" and then ,"do I get a Dora band-aid?". And to top it off, she didn't walk down the hallway like she was a gimp wounded in war!

Finally, in response to Dave's post about the 70s music station on Sirius, Matt and I have found that the BBC station is quite entertaining and introduces us to music not yet available in the U.S. They have a morning show that I listen to on the way to work which makes that trip fly. There are times that I completely don't understand what they are saying, but love it anyways! I even like to hear about their weather and traffic issues. HAHA.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Me and my friend, Brian Travers, used to grade the Sunday comics back in 2nd grade. Even us 8-yr olds didn't find them funny enough to hand out many As or Bs.