Friday, August 28, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

Where , oh where, did all my company go? Talk about a quiet week compared to last week!! Last weekend began with a great dinner at Mary Lou's followed by some outdoor relaxing. Edwin and the girls enjoyed Uncle Dave tossing them up into the air.... while worrying Grandma Ross. Bad boy! Saturday was the A.I. concert in Pittsburgh. I always love these events b/c you get to experience 10 different artists and their respective styles. Adam was definitely the one who put on a show. I didn't care for the high pitched , Munchkin land voice he was using. His Mad World was my second fave of the night. My first was Anoop's , My Prerogative. OF COURSE!! I love Anoop. I even called Matt on the phone and held it up for him to hear. :)
The rest of the week was pretty relaxed, thank goodness. I had to work at 7 am this week so I am all out of sorts. I depend on my sleep and even an hour earlier screws me up. Today , Meredith was so kind to sleep into 6:30am. Cut me a break! She usually sleeps until 8 am.
Madeline found out her 4 year old class Preschool teacher today. Madeline was tentative to let go of my hand as we saw all these new faces in the room. There are at least 5 kids from her class last year so she ran up to them when she saw them. Meredith was playing with everybody ... obviously will be our social butterfly. She even gave a kiss and hug to the teacher. HA! As we left the teacher handed Madeline a bag with candy and a bowl full of stuff in it. When we unpacked it , the little bowl included a paperclip, piece of yarn, washer, bolt, piece of a straw, cotton ball, fastener, toothpick, and a magnet. Ok, so either it is what will the magnet stick to activity, or fill the bowl with water and see what will sink or float. Any thoughts?
I was outside with the girls and decided to tape them washing their "car". I am thinking that I could somehow incorporate this enjoyment into working for our cars. Maybe even Dave and Mindy might hire them for their car's FIRST CAR WASH EVER!!. HAHA .
Matt went for a bike ride the other day and was telling us about the animals he had seen. He saw an alive rabbit and a dead rabbit. This spurred an a conversation about why it died etc. Matt said it wasn't dead ,and Meredith says," daddy teasing me!!! " He also saw a ground hog, some cats, birds, etc. Madeline really serious says, "did you see a BOBCAT?". We laughed.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I love the first picture...and yes we do need them to wash our car - at least the bottom half could get clean!! hahahaha

Mary Lou said...

love your cartoons--especially the tossing one--can't wait to hear about Madeline's preschool--seems there should have been some kind of poem or explanation with all of those objects