Monday, August 10, 2009

What's Going On?

So, Dave reminded me no less than a dozen times yesterday that I owe a blogpost...but about what? So, I'm just going to give a brief update on what's going.

We traveled to Piqua, OH (about 1-1/2 hrs north) for Gabe and Brad's Baby Shower on Saturday, August 1st. It was such a fun cookout and we are thrilled that they are having a boy - naming him JACK. He is due in September. Gabe looks great and it was nice to introduce Edwin to them for the first time! Edwin couldn't wait for the cake...he LOVES cake and since his birthday has gotten much better at making a mess while eating it!



We all went to my cousin Taylor's birthday party on Sunday, August 2nd. She had a princess themed party and it was a lot of fun. I helped paint and add jewels/stickers to their tiny fingernails. My sister came and helped with makeup. There were so many fun activities for them to do...Chrissy did a great job planning. I helped each girl make a special bracelet to wear home...too fun!!! Edwin hung out with the Dave, Grandma Nikki, Great Grandma Shirley and the boys most of the day...he loved being around the older kids and he REALLY LOVES Cody and Taylor. We all had a great time at the party.








This past Thursday I met up with a girlfriend at Ault Park. This is the first time I've taken Edwin to a park since he started really walking...and it was so much fun. He was walking everywhere. They have a great play area for "little people" and he loved it. He was climbing up the slide, driving the school bus, walking across the bridge, climbing through the tunnel, throwing his ball everywhere, swinging, and flirting with every girl/woman around! He is going to be quite the charmer...he has no fear and isn't shy at all...he can talk to anyone - sounds like someone I know...what a ham!!!





Dave and I enjoyed another Friday night "off" last week. Grandma Nikki kept Edwin for us and we headed with some friends to the Goetta Fest. Before going to the festival, we got dinner at AOI (a Japenese restaruant at the Levee)...so none of us were hungry for the goetta...but it was fabulous people watching! I did get an opportunity to meet the owner of Glier's Goetta (who was riding around on a segway) and thank him for creating a LOWFAT goetta (1 point per sliced patty using Weight Watchers), which I haven't yet tried...but have heard great things about!!!


We are gearing up for several things:
1. BENGALS TRAINING CAMP - Edwin and I are going with Grandpa Randy to checkout the Bengals and hopefully meet some of our favorite players tomorrow. Hoping I get some good photos.
2. Champagne & Birthday Cake - we are joining our friend Regina to help her celebrate her 30t on Friday night. Thanks to my girlfriend Krista for watching Edwin sleep, we are going out for a late night on the town...leaving around 8:30pm...what??? CRAZY!!! I know!
3. Our vacation...we leave on Sunday to go to Grandma Ross' for the week. While we are there, she is going to keep Edwin for 2 nights (my longest time away from my little man), so Dave and I can visit Toronto. We can't wait to see the girls (better known as my M&Ms)...I think the kids will really have a good time now that Edwin is mobile!!! I hope Grandma Ross takes the appropriate steps to babyproof her beautiful home - Edwin is a little monster!!! and his cute little face makes him impossible to discipline!!!

No comments: