Sunday, December 13, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

I don't know about your house with toddlers, but our girls are zombified by cartoons while we get ready in the bathroom. They didn't even look up at me when I snapped the picture. However, if I would have obstructed either one's view, BAM! I would have had an earful of whining!! I am actually surprised how much information that Madeline does learn from the programs they watch. The one that is the most interesting is Sid the Science Kid. Obviously it is right up my alley, but Madeline is genuinely intrigued by it as well. Each episode goes into the explanation of some science/health related topic; such as, the swine flu vaccine, how to get ice from water and vice verse, and answering such questions as 'why are my shoes shrinking?'. It is, also, from the Jim Henson Company ... another reason why I probably LOVE it!!
Madeline did her Santa's workshop this week. She reassured Matt that she would get him something he likes this year (unlike the funny fishing lure). I want it to be something equally out there!!

Firstly, I am done shopping. Thank goodness. Secondly, I have started the Christmas cookie baking . I completed all the peanut butter/chocolate recipes today. And for those who know me, that means I did several today!! Madeline was a big help this year. I can't wait until Meredith can help out (instead of hinder). HAHA.

Last night was my work Christmas get together at a co-workers home. We all brought an appetizer ( I took baked pineapple). What great food!!! I am still not hungry. The highlight of the evening is when we all went caroling in her neighborhood. We felt like we were singing terribly, but the neighbors seemed to enjoy the Christmas serenading. HA.

No comments: