Sunday, December 20, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

Happy Snow everyone!! (NOT!) I am finding it hilarious that my Southerner Facebook friends are belly-aching about their snow. HAHA. About time you feel our every other day annoyance :)
Anyways, we had a lot of Christmas events this week. Madeline had her preschool program and party. Originally she was to lead her class in singing Frosty the Snowman... using a microphone and all. However, her lead got the axe. HAHA. We don't know what happened, but were certainly disappointed, especially since the kid's hat in front of her was blocking her face nearly the whole performance. Uggh. Nanny Karen even got to come this time to see Madeline!!
We have been getting so much Christmas artwork that I will need another refrigerator soon. They are cute though!
Friday we ate some delicious Blue Wolf takeout with Grandma :) Her tree is up and decorated beautifully with angels (and some pictures of the grandkids including Sedona).
That night Papa and Deb spent the night after their Canfield neighbor Christmas dinner. The next morning was our cookie baking day! We got a lot done so I am officially finished baking. YAY! The girls were lot more helpful this year. Just giving them the task of removing ROLOS wrappers was exciting. I hate doing that. The flour from the cut out cookies was just about everywhere ... including stomachs, toes, noses, etc. Madeline and Meredith iced a few cookies too. And they didn't do half bad!!! Caught Madeline lick a knife (which we quickly put in the dishwasher). Gross!
That night Matt and I decided to take the girls out to see some Christmas lights. The roads were terrible with ice and snow. I guess the snow trucks were on break. Some of the neighborhoods had gorgeous decorations!!! I am so impressed. The girls would call out the figures they would see .. there's Santa, there's reindeer, there's a hippo walking! Even though I explained to Madeline that it was Frosty ice skating, she insisted that ,"NO , that is a HIPPO and he is walking!" The girls kept asking when we were going home or getting dinner. Kind of spoiled the mood b/c they didn't realize we were going for a "ride". HELLO!! For dinner we decided just to pick up some KFC. After ordering we find out that they didn't have any chicken to give us. KFC RAN OUT OF CHICKEN!?!? We had to wait (along with 5 other cars) for chicken to be cooked (20 minutes or so). NOTE: there are 3 different varieties to choose from, they had ZERO to offer.
Each night this week we have treated the girls to watching a Christmas special right at bedtime. I am finding this to be a bit of a torture for me. I can't stand a lot of the specials, ie. Frosty or Charlie Brown. But I suck it up and watch it for the kids :) I missed Rudolph which I love. Sniff sniff.


No comments: