Wednesday, December 2, 2009

114

No, it isn't how many lbs I've lost...although it is close...

No, it isn't how many shopping days left until Christmas - although I wish I had a bit more time...

No, it isn't how many mini-marshmallows I can fit in my mouth at one time...

114 is how many jobs I've applied for since I got laid off from my last job. It has been a bit frustrating, especially this last rejection letter. For those of you who have been following my every move - I had applied for an Assistant Director of Development position with the UC Foundation. I made it through the phone screen and had a 5-hour/10 person interview...I was happy with my chances of getting the job and know that I was "competing" against 4 other candidates. Last week I received the general "thanks, but at this time we have chosen a more qualified candidate to fill the position" letter from the HR department. I told myself before I heard the news that I would be proud of myself for making it to the actual face-to-face interview and I know I did my best...but this one hurt. I am somewhat disappointed and feeling rejected...but on the flip side...I love every minute of being home with Edwin and know that until something else works out, I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

Sorry to hear about that--I know you were excited about this one. It's UC's loss!