Sunday, November 29, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

What a long, fun-filled week off that Matt and I had!! I am thankful to have had the weekend to recover :) Megan and Chris got into town on Wednesday to travel to Oil City that afternoon. We got to visit both Grandmas. Betsy cooked us a very tasty meal (hamloaf, sweet potatoes, scalloped potatoes, mixed veggies, breads, jello salad, etc my faves!). Jill and David were also home so the girls got to play with their cousins too! After eating my favorite pie, pecan, we were off to the nursing home to visit my Grandma Marge (and Bob, Lou, Michael, and Liz). They had a room with a table that we got to visit and eat cheesecake! So much good food, but it wasn't even Thanksgiving yet. Lou Ann got to sit on the floor to play some Crazy Eights!
Thanksgiving morning was filled with food preparations and then we were off to Pittsburgh for the day. We ate our meal at Papa and Deb's house. It was delicious!! The best turkey that I think that I have had in a while. We come to find that Papa had bought a fresh, young turkey and that is why he unknowingly paid the higher price tag. Totally worth it.
The girls always look forward to seeing Ellen and Craig (my step-siblings). We once again had plenty of food to eat and yummy desserts to top it off. A new twist was biscotti and an almond torte that Deb made. Both were delicious! But we weren't done yet, it was off to Matt's grandmother's house for a non-eating meal. I was too stuffed to even consider it. The girls managed to eat Grandma Mary Lou's apple pie. They loved it.
We did NOT go shopping on Friday. Megan and Chris and the family went to a new Middle Eastern restaurant for lunch. It was very good. Madeline even ate 2 stuffed grape leaves, one of my favorites. We ended their visit with a trip to Salsita's. YUM!
I put up all the Christmas decorations on Saturday with the help (or hindrance) of the girls. I was dying of heat , so I wore a tank top. HAHA.
Today, Matt and I finished up our outside work (mowing, leaf removal, changing light bulbs, putting up Christmas lights). Now it is time to RELAX.... aahh.. Dang, I have to work tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Lots of pictures of Wed. and Jim and Deb's house. None of Muellerville-hmmmmm?!

Melinda said...

that is where you come in.... I need some. Please share.