Sunday, November 8, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

I almost forgot to do the post...haha. The Sunday thing is throwing ME off. Matt and I got to go on a date this week while Grandma watched the girls. We went to the Daughtry concert at the Covelli Center in Youngstown. He had 2 opening bands that were okay, but I couldn't wait until Chris Daughtry came out to rock the house... and he didn't disappoint. We are talking over the top firework explosions, huge flames, and raining cinders decorating the stage!!! He was fantastic and very engaging with the audience. Mental note for next concert: bring earplugs. Man was that loud!
The next night I went to the Open House for Something New (our local florist/gift shop). That place is Christmas overload covering every spare inch of space. The incentive for going to this is the cookies, wines, mini sandwiches, dips, etc that they let you sample. I did leave with some gifts for people that might be reading this. HEE HEE.
Friday was the busiest day for me in a long time. It began with picture day for Madeline. Which means that I have to do a little bit more than just throw some clothes onto her. She looked so cute (I bought the dress the night before... Mindy I bought the Christmas dresses, too. I couldn't resist). Meredith and I ran to the eye doctor to pick up my replacement part and transported it the eye repair lab. All this hassle for a 2 minute repair! Then back to get Madeline from school. We ate lunch and were back on the road for Madeline's final session for swimming lessons. She practically had a private lesson again with her doing kneeling dives into the deep end and swimming to the ladder!!! What progress she has had. :) Then from swimming we were off to Lenscrafters for a followup visit with the new contacts. We ended the evening with a dinner at Steamers. YUM!
Because we had fantastic weather this weekend, we were able to rake leaves again. Yay... not! I hired my slave labor as I photographed the event. HAHA. Despite my better allergy-wise judgement, I let the girls jump into the leaf piles.
As we were headed to the mall for a quick look around, Matt volunteered to take the girls to the play area. Meredith asked if they were taking a trip to the potty first (b/c this is how it goes during the week when he takes them, potty then play). Matt said, no, and then Madeline said, "I don't have to go potty. I don't have any pee in my bladder." I am so proud. :)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

LOVE MADDIE'S SCHOOL OUTFIT...