Sunday, November 1, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

We had a great weekend with Grandma, Aunt Mindy, Uncle Dave, Eddie, Papa, and Deb. It was all the Halloweening we could get our hands on. HA. Friday we finally got around to carving our pumpkins!!! (after eating at Salsita's of course! Thank you , Grandma). I had found these Mr. Potato Head type things that you put right into the pumpkin. This worked out really well and really cute! Meredith placed the ears in a location that was quite hilarious to us. She looked at Grandma real seriously and said, "it ok, it ok". She was also the creative design on the shapes of the pumpkin above with Mindy.
Madeline would help me de-gut the insides, but Meredith would have nothing to do with that. Miss Cleanliness all of the sudden! Our favorite quote of the night was when Mindy asked Madeline which way the single eyebrow should go on her pumpkin and Madeline replied I want it the surprised way!
Saturday morning I got myself a pair of contacts to try out (b/c my glasses broke and I have no back-ups). Soon after my doctor visit, we were off to celebrate Jackson Kemble's 1st birthday... Halloween style of course. The girls were wearing their costumes, but the adults didn't. Whew! Madeline and Meredith really enjoyed themselves especially playing with new toys. Meredith got freaked out by the moving head/tail rocking horse. She wouldn't even go near the thing, "it has BAD EYES". :)
After some dinner at our house, we were off to trick or treat. It was a bit chilly, so Edwin spent his time in the wagon under a blanket. Man was I jealous of that!! We went around with the neighbor boys , Caden and Zach. The girls lasted longer than the boys... I was shocked. I just went through their loot, and I am sure we will have enough candy for the rest of the year.
This morning we did our final farewells of Halloween weekend at Bob Evans (thank you Papa and Deb).
Oh but we weren't done yet! The last stop on Halloween weekend was to Nanny Karen's house. We were just too busy on the day of, so we visited today. We got to wear the costumes 3 days in a row. Does it make it worth the price I paid for Madeline's costume? OF COURSE!!

No comments: