Saturday, July 3, 2010

Ross Family Update

As you know, Grandma Ross spoiled all of us by staying from 6/22 to 7/1. Edwin doesn't know what to do now that she has left...he yells for her in the morning to get him out of bed when I don't get there fast enough and asks for her to read Lyla's book throughout the day. Friday was my first full day alone with both kids and I know I miss her the most! It was wonderful to have an extra pair of hands (and feet). We won't ever be able to say thanks enough for her help.



As for being a mom of 2...well, it is even more rewarding than being a mom of 1. I can't begin to describe how much bigger my heart feels. I'm truly trying to enjoy every moment - the 2:00am to 8:00am shift, the multiple dr appointments, the putting Edwin in time-out, the nursing on demand, the lack of time...I could go on. Basically, all minutes I will never regret! It has been a busy week-and-a-half of doing nothing. Trying to rest, but feeling overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done. I know it will get better...because I will get better.

Lyla Update: Lyla still has very high levels of jaundice. She has been going to the lab every other day to get blood work and although it is going down...it is moving a little too slow. She goes back to the dr on Tuesday and we're hoping for some positive news. Until then, I am feeding on demand to help flush her system and our dr told us to take her outside in only her diaper for 5 mins each hour. Thankful it is the summer and it is HOT in Newport! Also, it appears that she has a clogged tear duct (right eye), so we are using drops several times a day to help clear that up. Girls are drama from delivery - that is what I keep telling myself...hahaha...We gave Lyla a sponge bath today and Edwin was excited that he got to wash his toes in the sink - I know, do we spoil him or what?





Edwin still doesn't know what to think of Lyla. He's generally not that interested in her...every once in a while he asks to touch her hand or toes. If you ask him to he will usually give her a gentle kiss on the head and he'll lean into her for a hug too. If I have her laying in her bed, he will ask - "Where is the Lyla?" too cute!!! Each day gets a little better...tonight he even posed for a few pics with her in his bed...





PS: I think I forgot to mention that Dave got me flowers and balloons for when I got home from the hospital this time. As a reminder - he didn't get me anything when Edwin was born and I haven't let him forget that...so this time - he did good! As always, I think I'm going to keep him!!!


No comments: