Monday, July 19, 2010

WEEK IN REVIEW

The countdown has begun for our vacation. We can hardly wait to go to the beach. It has been 3 years since our last trip, and wow do we need a break! I worked 6 days this week, so I am one tired girl. This didn't stop our non-stop excitement this week :)
Larry (Nanny Karen's husband) graciously fixed our broken drawer. How did it become broken you say? Well, I had the drawer open getting silverware out. Someone's butt decided to back right up into it and bent the track. It worked for months, but then I busted the whole track. It is back in working order though!! It took him 2 evenings to complete the project. We are so thankful!! I will be sure to keep the drawers closed from any incoming butt attacks. HAHAHA.
Thursday night , Claudia, Ginny, and Grandma Marge came over for dinner. They were over before I even got home from work. The girls just loved to play with Claudia and make her do girlie stuff. Grandma Marge is just the same as always. "I'll take a half a beer". A half hour goes by, "I think I'll take the rest of that beer!". Matt went to get us ice cream at Handel's for dessert. When he pulled in the parking lot, he received a text from Megan announcing that she "was here. Look for me.". Hmmm... Matt wonders and looks around , she is here? Is this text really for me? After rationalizing that Megan didn't have to drive to Canfield to get ice cream, he texts back. You are where? Was this meant for me ? Was this mistaken identity? Megan, Chris, and Matt are still laughing about this. They just imagine Matt looking all around the Handel's parking lot looking for Megan. What was confusing was they were due to arrive in 2 days, so the possibility of them arriving wasn't too far fetched!
After Friday's work, the girls and I did some grocery shopping for Megan's bday party that was to take place on Saturday. After sweating to and from the store, we decided that we would wait for Matt at the pool. Loved it! We headed back home for dinner. That night was my marathon of making food to get ready for the party. I had to work Saturday morning, so that time was out! Matt was so great to take the girls back out for a trip to the bike trail. They rode in the back carrier serenading him up and down the path. Too cute!
Megan then had her whirlwind tour of her life's residences. She visited our 2 houses in Oil City along with our relatives still there. Our house was the site for the immediate family party which turned out nicely. Good food, tasty Mojito and beer drinks, great visiting, and ended it with yummy desserts. I don't think anyone left hungry.
Sunday, the festivities didn't stop! We went to brunch and Bob Evans and out to a movie, Inception. It was a great movie that kept my attention the whole time. I would love to see it again.
And now we are back in our work week. Boo! Just one more week. Just one more week.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Love it all! You are so the Hostess of the Mostess, I am a WANNA BE!! :) The girls are getting so big and as always adorable, THANKS for sharing! Edwin is ssoo cute as well and the "new" baby girl Rossy(AKA, Lyla) is so precious!!