Sunday, January 30, 2011

WEEK IN REVIEW

Wrapping up Madeline's birthday week (HAHA), she selected Ruby Tuesday's as her restaurant of choice. If you haven't had the guacamole there, then it is a must for you next time. It was fantastic and freshly made! Being that the cake was long gone from her party, we got some Handel's ice cream for dessert. The girls are BIG mint chocolate chip fans....stemming I believe from our Fletcher side ( mom's family). Meredith decided that she would "wrap" herself up as a gift to Madeline.

Madeline finally received our gifts from us highlighted by a new bike that actually suits her :) The negative of having a winter birthday... waiting until it is warm outside to get to use your brand new bike! What torture :(
Outside of the bday, the excitement (or anxiety) was my trip to Salt Lake City, Utah for a seminar. When we originally signed up for this it was located in Florida. What a bummer to go to winter wonderland during January, when we thought sun was our final destination. After getting some drugs from the M.D. , I am happy to report that I survived 4 flights in 3 days. *** Not without me freaking out.... maybe just a bit less! The Utah folk sure have a weird accent ... "Fargo"-esque. 'You know?' We arrived home by 1 am Sunday morning (after we begged the gate workers to get us off our flight that we get us home at 9 am Sunday morning).
We were told that there were plenty of elk, cougars, and moose in Salt Lake. If you didn't know this, I am afraid of the moose. Done laughing ? I have a recurring dream about moose in our yard and it freaks me out .... BIG TIME!!! I was so happy to not have seen one during this trip. Yes , I am serious, I don't like the moose! On that note, I am trying to catch up with everything that I had missed.

No comments: