Friday, June 6, 2008

Changing of the Seasons

This week marks the end of another always-too-short spring outdoor running season here in the Greater Cincinnati area. It's not like this is some sort of formal regulation (that's not to say I'd be surprised by another government restriction on personal freedom...especially on the Ohio side of the river). Spring outdoor running season is simply my own creation based on 1) me being a wimp that prefers to run outdoors only when the temp's between 60 and 72 degrees and 2) the tendency of the climate here to hit the fast forward button between winter and summer.

Oh well, it's been a fun 8 weeks (or so), and you can look for me on the streets of Newport circa October for the start of autumn outdoor running season. Until then it's on to (4+ months of?) summer treadmill-in-the-basement running season for me.

As much I'll miss running outdoors, I will actually be looking forward to spending more time at the house (or, depending on your perspective, need to spend more time at the house). If you saw Mindy's 38th week picture, you can see as easily as us that our kid'll be here faster than Chad Johnson can change his mind again about whether or not he wants to be a Bengal. Anyway, a couple postless days here on The Ross Experience most likely signifies Mindy and I are probing around St. Luke's East to see if we can't make it out of there with a baby. I'll be sure post updates when possible.

So I guess along with the changing of my running seasons comes the evolving of my post topics...

2 comments:

Tamara Schwarting said...

Running outside this week has been interesting. At least the temp still is <74 at 6am. I'm going to try and hold out for a few more weeks before I return to the treadmill.

Dave said...

if you're able run in the morning, then more power to ya...i've never been that successful at keeping up that routine...one night w/o enough sleep, and my whole schedule gets ruined