Sunday, June 15, 2008

Potential Nicknames for Edwin

Mindy and I have been getting numerous requests for what we're planning on calling Edwin. It was definitely not our intent to name him one thing and call him something else. So for now, we're going with plain Edwin. However, we're not so naive to think that with an easily-shortened name like Edwin, he won't eventually go by a nickname. I should know...I went by my full name, David, until it was shortened to Dave by my buddies at age 12 (lesser known fact: Mindy went by her full name, Esmindarella, until age 9).

That said I decided to take a crack at potential nicknames:

Ed (obvious)
Eddie (or Eddy, with or without "Fast" in front)
E.R. (Clooney's got nothing on this kid)
E-Ros (a la A-Rod)
Err (easy for a mumbler like me to say)
Sir Edwin (shouldn't be too tough...even Mussolini got knighted)
Mr. Ed (of course, of course)
E-Dawg (Randy Jackson's choice)
Dwin (doesn't exactly roll off the tongue)
Edraro (grasping at straws for a 10th option)

Any other ideas?

1 comment:

Nick Gavey said...

Little E (or just E for short)
Lil'Rossy (Lil' Wayne, need I say more)