Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Life Has Changed...For The Better!

Edwin Randall Ross has arrived...I can hardly believe it! I knew my life would change...everyone told me that it would...but it is AWESOME! I love being a mom. Sure, it is hard work - harder than anything I've ever done...but it is so worth it! I know I'm biased, but Edwin is PERFECT! I'm warning everyone that this might be a long blog - I apologize in advance. Edwin is sleeping, so I finally have a few minutes to reflect.



First, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO DAVE! Dave is an incredible dad. His dad would be so proud of him. I can't imagine going through this adventure without him. Since we found out we were pregnant, he has been the most supportive and caring husband I've ever seen. He is the first to say that he's had it easy - but if you know me, you know that isn't true. I'm somewhat of a baby and need a lot of spoiling, so he's had his work cut out for him since day 1. I can't wait to see Dave and Edwin's relationship grow with each day! Dave, I LOVE YOU!!!!

Second, I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for their kind words, prayers, emails, thoughts, gifts, etc. Edwin is one lucky boy! So far visitors include: Grandma Ross, Grandpa Randy, Grandma Smith, Mike, Joyce, Aunt Jessica & Uncle Isaac, Great Grandma Shirley, Cody & Taylor, Treva, Tamara, Regina, and our neighbors - the Johnsons. Of course, Sedona is one proud older sister...after a few moments of growling and trying to figure out who this new person was - she quickly adjusted to concerned protector and follows the baby from room to room keeping a close eye.

Next, everyone has been asking how I'm feeling - I'm feeling great. Definitely tired...but feeling good. I'm so thankful that my pregnancy and labor experience was relatively easy. I know Dave already blogged about our birthing story - but I want to add that my water broke at home around 7:30am...by the time we made it to the hospital at 8:30am - I was 5 cm dilated with contractions every 4 minutes. Once we got pain medication - everything continued to progress. They came in at 2:30pm and said it was time to start pushing - I couldn't believe it. I figured I'd have to push for a long time...but I was prepared! But to my surprise, 1 hour later (at 3:33pm) Edwin joined the world...St. Luke East was great. Our nurse was AWESOME! She made the experience as comfortable as possible and stayed by my side from admission to post delivery. Our Dr. was great...and I'm so thankful for the nursery staff who helped us get through our first couple of nights and nursing 101.

Congrats to Lisa Frustino, a great friend in Phoenix, AZ who won the Baby Pool. Although her guess was one day off - she had the gender correct and was close on the other information. Edwin will be sending something special to Lisa...

Now, our adventure continues...I have a lot of work to do. Losing all of my baby weight and becoming the most healthy and active mom I can be...it's strange how much more complete your life can feel with the addition of a baby!!!

Can't wait for Edwin to meet all of our other friends/family. Stay tuned as I keep updating with pics/updates as we go...thanks again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that baby, so stinkin much!

MBHardiman said...

edwin is gorgeous. i love this blog too!!! i'm looking forward to updates on the new addition!