Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Future of NFL Quarterbacks

My second 2008 use of an arbitrarily-established list from a national sports website to justify what I already believe: per ESPN.com declares "Big Ben the NFL's heir apparent to Brady and Manning".

I concede that positive attributes exist among the other members of their top 5 (Romo, Rivers, Cutler, and the other Manning) that make selecting Roethlisberger not an obvious choice. However, I agree with their ultimate conclusion that Big Ben is the best of the bunch.

What I find interesting (read: hilarious) is that conspicuously missing (or inconspicuously, maybe) from the 5 finalists (or even the others mentioned in the article that didn't quite make the cut: Anderson, Edwards, and Rodgers) is any reference to the quarterback that plays his home games in Paul Brown Stadium.

No comments: