Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ordinary Experiences...Entry #5...Baby School


For most young professional parents, working is a way of life...and we are no different. In preparation for my return to work (9/8), I took Edwin to school (daycare) yesterday to meet his teacher (babysitter). I am using terms like school and teacher to convince myself that this is the right thing for our family to do right now and that Edwin will be learning new things from this experience. His first day at school will be on Monday, September 15th. I'm sure I will be a mess...so if you have time to say an extra prayer for me that morning...please do!

As for his school, it is nice. It is 3 blocks from my office and I'm hoping to visit him most days to nurse at lunch. His teacher (Ms. Linda) is really nice and has been working with children for a long time. Edwin decided he'd introduce himself by having a blow-out on my jeans - fabulous!

Dave is staying home with Edwin next week...with the exception of Wednesday - Grandma Nikki is coming down to watch him on Weds while I work and Dave travels for work. I'm nervous about going back to work...but I'm reminded by everyone that this is just an ORDINARY EXPERIENCE for most...so I guess we are just joining the club!

No comments: