Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Ross Experience: On Location

WILMINGTON Ohio -- Tonight, Mindy and I had the pleasure of attending a Division III football match-up between 2 longtime OAC rivals at Williams Stadium. My cousin, wide receiver Marty Mueller, and his Pioneers of Marietta College made the 150-mile journey to take on the Quakers of Wilmington College.

This was my 2nd time seeing Marty in action (things didn't go so well last year at Mount Union), so I brought Mindy for her first time to see if she'd bring better luck. We were both pumped after reading Marty's stat sheet from the last week's win: 157 yards on 8 catches.

Well, the Rosses just aren't good luck for Marty (that includes my mom who joined me at that Mount Union game) as tonight the Quakers were just too much for those scrappy Pioneers. Despite the loss we still would like to post some pictures, if for no other reason, to show off Mindy's great photography skills!

Marty (#85) and the offense anxiously wait to take the field in the first quarter:




Marty, with rapt attention, listens to coach:



A ball sails over Marty's arms in the end zone, a microcosm of the entire game:

P.S.: This being my first time visiting quaint Wilmington, I received a bonus site-seeing experience: the location of Mindy's birth nearly 30 years ago, Clinton Memorial Hospital.

No comments: