Friday, October 2, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

OK, I think I am literally 20 pounds lighter than an hour ago. I just returned from our first swim lesson of the school year. It was 96 degrees in there, 100 %+ humidity. WOW!! Seriously, it was worse than a sauna. Madeline was the only repeater for this Friday class and also the only girl. She was used as the example to the other kids so I am sure she was proud of herself. It is filled , however, with a bunch of ignorant, not listening boys who cry and splash. How annoying. I hope they learn to follow the rules and then all will be happy. Aren't the heels hilarious?
Last weekend, Matt insisted that we wear our Steelers garb to help the team win (*** the weekend before none of us did, and obviously that is why they lost). Well, we know how that day turned out. Started with a screaming for joy Matt to a quiet , disappointed Matt. I was so desperate for an outfit for Madeline, that I had to put on a 2T jersey. And it fit!!

She looks about 2 years older when the hair is tucked behind her ears!

Sunday marked the third year that my mother has been gone. I received a wreath from my dad to remember her. I told the girls it will help us to remind us of Grandma Patty. Apparently I did not exactly describe it appropriately. The girls now look at the wreath and say, "Hi, Grandma Patty. How are you?". The wreath has a pretty purple ribbon on it for decoration. Madeline during dinner last night looked at me and said, "Grandma Patty has a bow in her hair. ". Too funny. :)
We have now purchased a shed to go in our backyard. It will hopefully be installed before Halloween so people can see it when they are up. You know you are getting old when the idea of a shed thrills you. Our garage has been taken over by tools, mower, and toys. (not to mention the countless leaves that are swirled in there ever 15 minutes) And maybe, just maybe, it will be the first time that the van and the envoy will be in the garage at the same time. What a concept!!
First attempt at a ponytail for Meredith. Only took about 3 years to get this little sprig.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I realized 2 weeks ago that Edwin wearing Steelers shirts is GOOD NEWS for the Bengals...we have won both times he has worn Steelers stuff...so, I think black and gold are his new favorite colors - well, at least during football season! hahaha...

PS: love the ponytail!