Wednesday, September 14, 2011

All By Myself...

So, my goal was to take "real" pics of Edwin following his first day of preschool by himself...but it rained...so that plan quickly failed. This is a picture of Edwin getting in his seat to go to school. He was so excited about his big day!

When we got to school, he did everything that he was taught to do on Monday. He came in, said hello to his teacher, found his name on the table and put it on the LOOK WHO'S HERE poster, hung his backpack on a peg, gave his homework to his teacher , stood in line to wash his hands, washed his hands and then found a seat at an activity table. I was one proud mama! I called him over and told him that Lyla and I were leaving...he said, "okay. what time will the car be back to get me?" I told him 11:15 and he said, "okay. make sure it has plenty of gas!" and that was it...no crying. no mama don't go. no nothing...a simple smile as I turned around and walked away. I caught myself getting a little choked up and then remembered that he still "needs" me...hahaha...


Lyla and I did some errands and then went to library time. I used to take Edwin to library time a lot at our old house and I've been missing the interaction...so I was glad to find a time that I can do this with Lyla. I love the activity time with her. I think that will quickly become a Wednesday routine for us!

When I went back to get Edwin, he was very excited to tell me about his day. In this order: "I painted a sunshine, the bumblebees (later figured out that this is the name of another class) were at the playset with us, ate goldfish, read a story about a toad that built a road, made a wrench out of play-doh for my teacher, said hi to the kids, went pee standing up, and cried a little in my class because I missed you." All in all, sounds like an amazing 1st day!!!! So proud of him!!! He is so ready for this step...and yes, I'm patting myself on the back today - this mama has done a good job! I think I deserve a promotion and raise! LOL

After lunch, it was time for some much deserved playtime with Lyla! They are getting really good at playing together! LOVE THAT!!!

2 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Truly sounds like a great first day! Does he go a.m. or p.m.?

Mindy said...

AM
Monday and Wednesday 8:45am-11:15am