Friday, April 3, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

Madeline and Meredith each received a gift card to Build A Bear for their birthdays. Well, we finally experienced the creations this Saturday. This is one of those moments you wonder, "why didn't I think of that??!" The girls each selected their stuffed animal which at this point is just the limp outer shell. Madeline was willing to step on the fluff injection pedal (Meredith was too shy). Meredith was up to selecting the heart for her bear and put it inside. Now came the time for clothes selection. I am wanting some of the outfits for myself! I thought that they did an excellent job. And finally the name. Madeline decided that her rabbit's name would be "Easter Bunny". Meredith was persistent that her bear's name was "Bear". Yep, she wouldn't budge off of the generic name. Too funny.
As we left Build A Bear, Meredith was going to town waving at the Easter Bunny! He was conveniently placed within yards of the store ready for picture taking. So we asked the girls if they would like to sit on the Easter Bunny's lap and we got a scared to death, NO NO NO!!!! Madeline wouldn't even take a step further. Wow. I guess I passed on that gene. I was totally being brave myself and walking towards that abnormally large headed furry thing. Maybe next year!
We also took a trip to Grove City Outlets that morning. What a beautiful day that turned out to be. We usually go there when it's down pouring. You have got to love Children's Place there. However, we shockingly walked out of that store with nothing.
On Thursday , we had Madeline's parent/teacher conference for 10 minutes. Apparently, she is just a gem of a student. Mrs. Meister just praised her and praised her. She mentioned how easily Madeline picks up concepts. Also, that Madeline is very smart and will continue to be. :) Way to go. I was surprised to see the criteria these children are evaluated.
We have been watching Aladdin in the minivan when we travel to Pittsburgh. It is a frequent occurrence to hear Madeline offering, "Meredith, do you want me to show you the world? Shining ,shimmering, splendid. I can open your eyes". I laugh every time I hear it.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Of course Madeline is perfect at school...what do you expect? They are simply too cute...wish I could've seen them building their bears. Looks like they had a great time! LOVE the difference of outfits they picked out!