Sunday, May 16, 2010

WEEK IN REVIEW

Of utmost importance, Matt "lost" his shed keys this week. This means that the jungle of a yard couldn't get mowed. :) He called the shed builder, and they promptly mailed a set out to us in the mail. There must be only a few different locks to have keys on hand! So the yard is now mowed; all is well. UNTIL, I went to Wal Mart today for groceries and surprise!!! I found the keys in my jeans pocket. Yep, I had them all along. :) OOPS! I don't have any idea why I would have even touched the things .
Matt has had a stomach thing and now a cold and now a crusty eye this week. The girls and I have been avoiding his germball self. Knock on wood, we are all still healthy. Whew.
Friday , Papa came to visit the girls and me. He came bearing birthday gifts and souvenirs. The girls got kaleidoscopes. Meredith didn't understand at first, but now knows to look THROUGH the hole, not to hold it up to a closed eyelid!
We decided to head over to Whitehouse for some produce and donuts. YUM! Then Papa took us to Zenobia for lunch (his treat!). Madeline ordered grape leaves for her meal. Meredith got the grilled cheese. Totally different children!
That night we went out to dinner with Grandma to Los Gallos (her treat!!). We had never been there before, but we were impressed with the atmosphere and coleslaw you get alongside your salsa for the chips. Delicious. I noticed we didn't wreak as much as we do when we leave Salsita's. Hmm.
Saturday morning we had a surprise visitor, Aunt Terry. She came over to deliver a peanut butter cheesecake to Grandma. We went to Panera's for breakfast with her (Terri's treat!!!). Yes, I had to be awakened and told to get moving to attend this breakfast at 8:30am. Ugh! HAHA. At least we got our day started early. We did a bunch of outdoor cleanup and my sore legs today can testify for that. OW! The girls did a great job de-weeding my flower bed. I am so thankful for helpers.
We got Quaker Steak and Lube wings for dinner (we actually had to pay for a meal!). After eating, we got a call to come over to Grandma's house for a piece of that peanut butter cheesecake. It was very tasty!
The girls and I spent some outdoor time today playing "house". I didn't play, b/c the girls like to be the mommy. I guess they don't need a real mom. HA!

No comments: