Monday, May 24, 2010

WEEK IN REVIEW

Busy little bees we have been! This week was Madeline's preschool Nursery Rhyme program. About a month ago, we were sent home a sheet saying that she would be doing Polly Put The Kettle On . She would also be doing this with another girl. OK, keep in mind they are to dress the part. So I am thinking, wow this is easy! I told Madeline we would send her with aprons, a kettle, and some teacups. Done. Fast forward to 2 days before the program. Madeline informs me that she is doing There Was An Old Woman Who Lived In A Shoe. Uh Oh. I told her that she needs to make sure to tell me important changes like this b/c I was sending her with tea time props! What in the world was I going to send her with for an Old Woman?!? The morning of the program I thought of an idea (yes, it took me that long!) . I found a shawl and rubber banded 3 of her babies together to hold. DONE. NOTE: some kids weren't dressed the part or didn't have a prop, so it would've been okay. Madeline did a wonderful job walking across the stage ALONE (no classmate with her) , going to the microphone, and clearly and slowly saying her nursery rhyme! Whew.

Friday between 11 am and 12:10pm, I had 3 visitors. 1) the playset people to stain and re-tighten everything, 2) my dad for lunch, 3) the garden store to dump mulch in our driveway. Everybody overlapped so, I had to kick my dad to the curb, or his car that is, and the mulch guy kicked the playset people out. What a crazy time!

Saturday I was to go to my cousin's Westminster College graduation, but it rained. I didn't have an indoor ticket, but we went for the yummy dinner that night in New Wilmington, instead. I think David was happy to be done with school. The girls were just thrilled to be all over Jill.

After a baby shower on Sunday, Matt and I decided to get some trimming, weeding, garden planting, etc done. It took about 5 hours to complete this, and so far 24 hours to get over the pain. We must be getting old... so SORE! To top it off, Matt decided to start the mulching today while I was at work. It hurt too badly to do a lot for him. HAHA. We have been tormented by a raccoon as of late. We even called the cops on it. TOO FUNNY! Anyways, he comes out around dinner time. I finally got a photo of the nasty creature escaping its home. Sunday , we found that he opened our huge trash bin, pulled out Matt's leftover wings, and ate on top of the regular trash can. The telltale hand prints everywhere. It gives me the willies! The girls and I screamed around the house as we chased it in front of the windows (us inside, raccoon outside). :) Keep in mind, I just squealed watching a mole scurry across our front mulch while talking to Matt. He thought something major was happening. Oops!

This is Madeline's photo from dance.

No comments: