Friday, August 27, 2010

Emotion Overload

I have experienced EMOTION OVERLOAD several times in my life - actually more than several times as I tend to create drama in situations...but that is another post entirely.

I have been running on emotion overload for several weeks...my grandpa (aka PAPS) had surgery several weeks ago and isn't recovering as quickly as we had all hoped, so upon his request, I loaded up the kids and headed to Tuscon for a visit. Thankfully, my sister was able to travel with us...and on the way out we also had the help of my Aunt Phyllis. I remember being stressed when I traveled alone with Edwin to Tucson when he was 6 months old...but this was over-the-top stress. I had several breakdowns and sincerely apologize to both Jessica and Phyllis if I managed to hurt their feelings during the trip!

The good news - we were able to get the kids into the hospital to see Great Grandpa Ralph. Edwin drew him several pictures which are now hanging proudly in his room. He was so excited to see the kids - and especially to meet Lyla. Of course, she won't remember this trip - but I can't wait to tell her all about it! We also got to see Great Grandma Betty (Lyla's namesake) and it was amazing. There is something about babies that makes her so happy! She was so excited to hold her and snuggle on her. They were so cute together...Edwin wasn't as happy to participate, but entertained the entire nursing home with his beautiful ABC singing!

It was an amazing trip and one that I will NEVER forget. I'm so thankful to my dad for his help in making it happen...so many emotions that I can't explain on a blog...hope you enjoy a few pics from our trip.

Thanks for your continued prayers for Paps as he continues to recover...




I love that they were making the same face...too cute!





No comments: