Sunday, August 29, 2010

WEEK IN REVIEW

Tuesday was a milestone for Madeline: her first day of Kindergarten! Meredith was just as excited to get rid of , I mean, send her sister off to school. Madeline seems pretty happy with her teachers and kids in her class. YAY! In a few short weeks, Meredith will start her school career as well! I can't wait for homework ! :) Let's see how long that will last. MADELINE'S FIRST ARTWORK FROM KINDERGARTEN
On Friday, it was all about Meredith. She LOVED that! I took her to meet her preschool teacher, Mrs. Meister. This is the same teacher that Madeline had when she was 3. We are thrilled!! Meredith looks like a giant compared to some of these kids. Unlike Matt, I took photos of the class list with my phone so I could remember who is in her class. I still don't know who is in Madeline's class. HAHA
This weekend we celebrated the wedding of Alexis (Matt's cousin) and John. Just a beautiful day to get married! Even though I brought my old camera, I didn't take many photos. And to top it off, most of those stunk. Darn! Here are my best attempts! ---yes, I know I coordinate with the bridesmaid's dress. I swear that I didn't know. Uncle Richard said that I "bedazzled" mine however. :) While we were doing wedding things, Madeline and Meredith spent a fun filled day with Papa and Deb. They started at the zoo. I sent 2 disposable cameras with them to take pictures for me. I can't wait to develop them ! After the zoo, they ate dinner at Friday's where grown-up Madeline had salad and pizza. Then they got to pick out their dessert from Giant Eagle!! And then, they made banana muffins (which we had for breakfast). To top it off, Deb made them chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast this morning. Spoiled girls! Thanks Papa and Deb!
Note: Bridesmaid Anne's dress :) Lyla had just sneezed so that explains the expression on her face!
Yep, this is the bride. Yep, this is the closest of many photos to get her face. Hmmm....
Meredith discovered that we had a little (big!) friend in our bucket out in the garage. I looked and found this ugly thing floating around. I tried to drown it. Didn't work. I spray directly on it with a hose. It balled up and then boom! right back to this. Nasty thing. I took a little video of Meredith and me watching it. What a nasty looking spider! Matt came home and promptly killed it with an ice scraper from the car. What a hero! Anybody need an ice scraper? .

No comments: