Wednesday, May 9, 2012

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

To all of our readers who are mothers...this is the song that Edwin sang today (with his class) as part of his Mother's Day Tea program. I thought you all might enjoy it! Unfortunately, since I had Lyla...I didn't have an extra hand to film it...but believe me it was awesome...there wasn't a dry eye in the house!

Wherever you go, whatever you do
Through all the changes you go through,
I'll be there right next to you.
I love you.

When you're too small to reach the sink.
So all you do is sit and think
About how clean you would have been
know that I will love you then.

When you can button up your shirt
and brush off your own dust and dirt
When you can spell and write your name
I will love you just the same.

When you try to cut your hair
And leave the clippings everywhere
And throw your hands in the air
I'll hold you in this rocking chair

When you crawl into bed
And on a pillow lay your head
When you're drifting off to sleep
All my love is yours to keep

Wherever you go, whatever you do
Through all the changes you go through,
I'll be there right next to you.
I love you.
*********

His teachers asked each kid in his class to complete this sentence - my favorite thing to do with my mom is...

Edwin's answer?

Cuddle and read stories... yep, I'm blessed! Thank you God for a PERFECT little man...

and Happy Mother's Day to our moms and every mom out there!!!! We have an important job that will never end...some days will be hard, but if we can remember what a gift we've been given...I believe it is all worth it! Don't you?

No comments: