Monday, May 21, 2012

What a weekend...WARNING LONG POST BELOW!!!

So, I've told Dave that if I EVER tell him that I want to do work in EVERY ROOM of our house in one weekend ever again...tell me NO...pretty sure I overextended myself - even if I weren't pregnant, it would've been too much! With that said, I didn't get everything done and will be continuing projects up until the birthday party to get as much done before family/friends come in person to visit...and definitely before Louie decides to join the family...

So far this is what I've accomplished and have pics ready to share - much more to come:

Living room fireplace insert painted - NO MORE BRASS!!! Dark picture image replaced with new purple flower from my most recent photography class.
 BEFORE:
 
AFTER:

Edwin's room successfully upgraded to SUPERHERO status including new wall art courtesy of AJ and some of my own craftiness, new superhero table, new Batman blanket, and lots of furniture rearranging! Still waiting on his blue curtain side panels to come...





Lyla has transitioned nicely to her BIG GIRL ROOM - she has successfully slept in her big girl bed since returning from Grandma's house both overnight and for naptime! I'm so proud of her...can't believe she's old enough for all of this yet! Her room is a vision come true. AJ and I have been working on gathering materials for her room for so long...and it was wonderful to watch this one come to reality. Don't get me wrong, Edwin's was fun - but expected...Lyla's is PERFECTION! Even Dave said it looks like it is out of a magazine. The pics just don't do it justice...but trust me, it is something so special!!!! There are so many things in Lyla's new room including handmade quilt from AJ, misc chickens from Great Grandma Betty's collection, and soon hot pink curtains will complete the look!






Projects still in process include:
French doors leading into office - 
 Kitchen renovation - BEFORE:
 DURING:

There are so many more projects that I started or completed this weekend with the help of numerous family/friends including: hanging bikes in garage so we can park cars easier, starting our half bath renovation, painting our exterior house numbers, continuing work on Louie's nursery, continuing work on our ex-dining-room turned activity room and more...but these pics give you some idea of my weekend...needless to say I'm wiped out! But, I feel like I've accomplished so much in a VERY SHORT amount of time. Thank God for friends/family - I know I am blessed with the best...

MORE TO COME!!!!

No comments: