Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Upcoming weekend

Recently, Mindy and I have learned to love our big, themed get-stuff-done weekends.

There was "prep our Newport house to put on the market weekend" on March 26-27, 2011, when we had plenty of family and friends over to do last minute fix-up projects. (Spoiler alert for those that haven't seen the movie yet: we sold the house a week later and lived happily ever after in the suburbs.)

And no one can forget "move Edwin to his big boy pirate room weekend" on May 21-23, 2010, when Mindy and I took Edwin out for tacos then shoved him into a toddler bed, closed the door, glued ourselves to the video monitor and prayed he wouldn't fall out (he didn't).

Less successfully there was "Dave attempts to give up caffeine weekend" back on President's Day 2010. That particular weekend started with me having an excruciating headache and making Mindy and Edwin attend our friends' kid's birthday party without me on Saturday. Followed by me wanting to crawl out of my skin like David Crosby kicking heroin cold turkey in prison on Sunday. Then ending by me downing a pot and half of coffee in 35-minutes first thing Monday morning.

Well, this weekend is one to top them all. It's "do a project in nearly every room of the house before baby #3 comes and Mindy gets too pregnant weekend": May 17-20. A non-comprehensive list for the weekend is:

  • French doors installed on the living room office.
  • Kitchen cabinets painted (+ hardware installed? + new light fixture?)
  • 1st floor bathroom painted (including light fixture) + new mirror installed
  • Baby's room finished (travel/map-themed, including crib from Lyla
  • Lyla's big girl room set-up (new paint, new theme is vintage chickens, do I have that right, Mindy?)
  • Edwin's room officially becomes super hero room (paint + redesign)
  • Mindy, what am I forgetting?

Mindy's got the cavalry coming--pro amateur--to assist.

Oh, I almost forgot the most fun part: the kids and I will travel to Canfield to avoid this mess all together. If the spirit moves me, I will post updates throughout the weekend here.

No comments: