Friday, August 29, 2008

Meatatarian

How great is that Wendy's "meatatarian" commercial? (It's a personal choice.)

P.S.: Little known fact: I referred to myself as a "meatatarian" once when I was 12 or 13 years old. I don't have much proof except that it cracked my dad up, and he referenced my "meatatarian" comment for years afterward.

P.P.S.: Littler known fact: In 1998 as a 19-year old summer intern in the capital planning dept at Federated Department Stores (now Macy's), I had to familiarize myself about the various regional brands of the company. (The multi-branded corporation was essentially a result of a series of mergers and acquisitions). About 2 weeks into my internship after learning that the most successful divisions operated under the Macy's brand, I asked "why don't you just call every store Macy's?" I was essentially told "oh naive intern, people in Columbus know Lazarus, people in Atlanta know Rich's, people in Miami know Burdines, and so on...these people wouldn't be accepting of a NYC brand in their hometown." Well about 9 years later, we all know what happened.

P.P.P.S: I'm not making either of those stories up.

3 comments:

Mersmann said...

I'll let all the Fields protesters here on State St. know who to blame.

Dave said...

Who's protesting?

Mersmann said...

http://fieldsfanschicago.org/