Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympics

If you're like Mindy and me, it's important to have an accurate frame of reference for the performance level you're witnessing at the various Olympic events. To help your viewing of the upcoming track and field mania, check out a good listing of the men's world records here.

P.S.: Seriously, NBC, beach volleyball...this is what you've decided to show us 17 hours a day? Don't get me wrong: Mindy and I like the Beijing Beast as much as the next married couple in the 18-49 demographic, but would it kill you to show something watchable before 11pm, or do we have to go nocturnal for this entire 2 week run?

P.P.S.: Michael Phelps, are you kidding me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally have been awaiting some reference to the Olympics . This Ross household is obsessed with the swimming etc, and we turn the channel when volleyball dominates the coverage. Snoozefest! We are so excited for Phelps and suffer the next day from sleep deprivation. Glad he is almost done racing :)

Dave said...

The swimming has been incredible. I've been hooked since that crazy relay last Sunday night. Mindy, Edwin and I just watched Phelps win #8!

Anonymous said...

Swimming was awesome! I have now turned my attantion to handball. Have you seen this ridiculous event? It is basically water polo without the water.