Thursday, August 28, 2008

Satellite Radio

Mindy and I bought a new car back in February. I know, I know--new car purchases are not in my DNA (you should've seen the stunners my dad used to bring home). However, convincing Mindy to transport our baby (who would later be named Edwin) around town in our '01 Lumina was an argument I was not prepared to make.

An unintended benefit of this new car purchase was the delight that is satellite ratio. We get it free for a year, and I'm interested to see if we'll cough up the 13 bucks per month when our teaser period ends. Being the relative cheapskates that we are (especially when it comes to subscription-style expenses), if Mindy and I decide to re-up, this pay-for-radio business model just may work.

To best illustrate the aforementioned delight, here's a block of 5 songs I heard this evening on Sirius Channel 22 (my favorite, I'm sure XM has something comparable): "Love Plus One" by Haircut 100, "Love My Way" by The Psychedelic Furs, "Life In A Northern Town" by The Dream Academy, "Oh L'Amour" by Erasure, and "Cruel Summer" by Bananarama. You won't find anything close to that on FM.

P.S.: Honorable mention (plus my guess for Mindy's favorite) goes to Sirius Channel 30.

No comments: