Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Edwin's 1st Christmas

WOW - What a difference Christmas is with a baby...so much happened over this holiday weekend...so this might end up being a VERY LONG post. SORRY!

12/24: Christmas Eve

Edwin had his first veggies today - squash...although he didn't seem to enjoy it, it was fun trying something new and we will continue to try...



We hosted Christmas Eve in Newport this year...Grandpa Randy, Grandma Nikki, Mike, Joyce, Aunt Jessica, Brian, Chad, and Great Grandma Shirley came to help celebrate Edwin's 1st Christmas. Edwin got so many nice gifts - Pizza Elmo, Books, Blanket (handmade by AJ), and most exciting for Dave and I - a family membership to the zoo!!!! We can't wait to take Edwin and teach him all about the animals, especially the monkeys! (obviously)








Edwin's 1st Christmas gift...

12/25: Christmas



Edwin woke up around 8:30am on Christmas morning and Dave brought him downstairs to open his gifts from Santa Claus. Santa Claus didn't have to do much this year and opted for simple plastic alphabet blocks!

Afterward, we finished packing up the car and headed to Pittsburgh. Muellerville was as busy as ever with Christmas festivities. Once again, Edwin raked in the gifts - including new shoes from Great Grandma Mueller...everyone couldn't stop talking about the Edwin Claus and New Year Edwin pictures that we sent out - they were a hit!

We headed to Grandma Ross's house for the rest of the holiday weekend...

12/26: Christmas #2

Uncle Matt, Aunt Melinda and cousins Madeline and Meredith all came over to Grandma Ross's house to open Christmas gifts. Edwin was the big winner again - obviously spoiled!!!



In the middle of opening gifts, I noticed my pants felt wet - I looked down and sure enough, Edwin had spit up all over me, himself and Grandma's carpet - sooooo gross! So, we paused gift opening for an outfit change. We came back downstairs to resume gift opening and when Dave handed Edwin to me - he did it again...all over me...so, another outfit change - this time into pajamas...


Don't know what that was all about, but Dave took over gift opening duties after that...


There were too many gifts to mention. I didn't think we'd be able to get everything in our car for the trip home, but somehow we managed...

12/27: Canfield Mini-Reunion & Meredith's 2-Year Birthday Party

I got up and decided to go to Macy's and take advantage of some after Christmas sales...when I returned, Grandma Ross told me to feel in Edwin's mouth - yep! His first tooth popped through....so exciting!!!


That afternoon, Leanna and Dave Kemble hosted a get together for some of Dave's high school friends. Edwin had a great time because he got to see Jack (Dave and Leanna's son) and meet Ava (Jen & Jim's daughter).



Afterward we headed to Matt & Melinda's for Meredith's birthday party. I can't believe she is 2 already - geez...where did 2 years go???? The birthday party was a lot of fun...Meredith loved showing Dave all of her gifts...she gets extremely frustrated when she can't find Dave - and it is really cute watching her look for him.


12/28: Visit to Hudson (Twinsburg) and Steelers Game

We got up on Sunday morning and drove to Hudson to visit the Reeds. This was our first time meeting Carmen and Holden (Justin & Gia's children).





They are beautiful and Edwin had fun watching them play with all of their new toys. Holden was nice enough to share his dump truck and bus with Edwin...after a great visit and a yummy Chipotle lunch we headed back to Grandma Ross's for the Steelers game. Edwin wore his Steelers outfit and fit right in with the rest of the Ross family - I was the odd man out...







12/29: Back to NOKY

We left Canfield early so that we could get to the boarder and pick up Sedona before 2:00pm...we got there around 1:30pm. We finally made it back home and now I'm starting the process of finding a place to put all of this new stuff.

I'm sure I've forgotten things...it was a busy weekend and I'm still trying to take it all in. I feel so blessed to have Edwin, a wonderful family, awesome friends, and most importantly - my best friend/husband to experience this journey with...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures and nice summary of your Christmas vacation activities. It was great having you here for so many days!

Anonymous said...

Some great pictures of some of my favorite kiddos. Sorry I missed you on this visit. The Kembles didn't invite me to the party.

Anonymous said...

can u leave ur phone number to me???