Friday, July 31, 2009

Disappointments of the Week

1. Evan over Ade in the finals of SYTYCD - Mindy thinks it’s only sad if he wins, but I say simply Evan's presence essentially ruins the finale. He’s arguably the weakest of the 20 contestants that made it through to the live shows this summer--not even in the same league as the other 3 finalists. Ade being sent home is akin to the Steelers being upset in the '94 AFC Championship game: Super Bowl XXIX suffered as a result.

2. Presidential beer selection - Beers being consumed at last night’s “Beer Summit”: undrinkable Bud Light by the Prez, girly Blue Moon by the cop, and NA for the Veep (why even attend?). The professor’s choice of Sam Adams Light was the best, but that’s not saying much (and what it is saying is that their collective taste in beer stinks).

3. Asparagus portion size at restaurants – At home I eat somewhere in the range of 12-15 spears with dinner. Tonight’s dinner at Otto’s, while excellent (I had the special: Thai Salmon), only included 3 asparagus spears.

4. Huey Lewis’s best song was an unoriginal rip off – We’ve been listening to Sirius ‘70s on 7 as change of pace lately. Tonight, we hear “Sweet Talkin’ Woman” by ELO, and everything I thought I knew of The News has been turned upside down.

2 comments:

Mary Lou said...

You never heard that ELO song before? I always played that album at home. And I agree with your assessment of Evan/Ade--I think judges opinions should count along with the vote.

Melinda said...

Seriously, THREE spears?!?! That seems pretty lame!