Tuesday, July 7, 2009

HURRY UP AND WAIT

Ok, so here is the picture of Matt's appendix! He doesn't know I am posting this, which is surely to annoy him, but I couldn't resist. Yesterday while I was at work, Matt called me to apologize for not getting anything done (ie grocery shop). He said he couldn't stand upright. We all thought appendicitis right away. He refused to call the doctor right then, b/c the pain wasn't that bad. I called an hour later and he agreed to go see the doctor. I took him and it was a brief examination and off to the E.R. we went. Then we waited there while Matt was in discomfort of a "5" ...I told him when the nurses ask you that you always say "10". DUH! Two and a half hours later, the nurse calls his name to take blood work. She debated putting a hex lock? in b/c there weren't any rooms to put him in. Apparently, they don't like you to sit in the ER waiting room with it ,b/c you could walk out and do drugs. Hmm. We told the nurse that we weren't leaving, b/c we had no where to go. If it were that busy, then this info would have been helpful 2.5 hours ago!?!?!?! Anyways, it was indeed appendicitis. Surgery was performed at 9:20 last night; I saw him at 11:15; I got back home at 12 :30 a.m. to find groceries purchased by Grandma and Karen Thomas . THANKS! Now it is the next day at 4:30pm, and still have no idea when he is leaving. Hurry up and Wait.
p.s.
madeline thinks daddy is the coolest b/c he is just like "Madeline" the book.

4 comments:

Dave said...

disgusting. hey, this is a family website.

Melinda said...

it was your wife that told me to post it. Deal with it , wussy,

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

I now know what an appendix looks like. Pretty disgusting! Chris said that he was glad you "warned" him. He will not go to the blog in fear of seeing this.