Friday, July 24, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

This weekend I traveled down to Columbus to attend a seminar led by John Edward with Megan. ... Are you done laughing yet? No , ok I'll wait. Now then, both Megan and I had a great time watching it all unfold. He is quite unexplainable. It happened to also be Megan's big 3-0!! The girls made her flower pots with a colored insert for each. Let's just say it doesn't take much to determine which one was Madeline's vs. Meredith's!
While we were out shopping at Michael's, I noticed some animal hats in their discount aisle. I started trying them on the girls and it was too cute to pass up. Check it out!
It is confirmed, Meredith is my daughter after all. HAHA! At the mall today, she all of the sudden burst out in tears screaming , 'Pick me up, pick me up!!'. I looked around and saw the source of terror. It was a guy dressed up like a cell phone in front of the Sprint store. I couldn't get her out of the mall quick enough. She kept looking backwards to see if he was behind her (including while we were getting into the car). She explained to me that the phone had arms and that it was going to "get" her! She asked me if he could talk. Madeline and I are laughing which irritates her more. I tried to explain that it was a person playing dress up with a cell phone outfit, but she wasn't buying it. Madeline told her that he was going to sneak up and stand behind her back. Meredith freaked out (this happened in the car) and screamed, "the phone won't get my back!!" Poor kid is petrified just like her mommy by costumed characters. They should be outlawed. I am thinking a trip to Disney will have to be delayed. Can you imagine that trip?!?

And the long awaited car has finally been purchased. The girls are constantly asking for this b/c the neighbor boys each have one . Let me tell you this is one rewarding toy. The girls LOVE it. Madeline is getting better and better at maneuvering around the yard. Meredith spends more time looking at her toes and running into things, so she isn't behind the wheel too much. HA! They crank the radio and zoom all around thinking they are some hot stuff!

No comments: