Friday, July 17, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

Matt has now had 3 days back at work since losing an organ. His office changed buildings so when he arrived , the room was filled with boxes (which he couldn't carry/lift). How convenient to get out of some manual labor, eh? He, also, returned to his Weight Watchers meeting and lost another 4 pounds!! Matt is pretty thrilled that his goal is getting closer and closer.
Betsy and family were traveling through Ohio on Saturday so we invited them for a BBQ. Papa and Deb came by as well and tried to get our kite to fly. It was so windy, but we couldn't get it high enough for it to stay up. The girls loved trying though. Papa did all the running and was the only one worn out by the end of it!
The following day, Ginny, Claudia, and Grandma Marge were traveling up to Cleveland to visit Grandma's sister. We decided to meet up at Starbucks for a quick visit. We had the whole place to ourselves which was like a living room anyways. The girls love to play with Claudia and just follow her around ... even asking to go to the potty b/c that is where she went. Gross!
On one of his days off, Matt took the girls to the library for a Three Little Pigs puppet show. Apparently, it was quite crowded , but definitely worth it. They even got to make their own puppets! When I got home, Meredith came up to me to tell me that the doggie ate the pig. I was confused, until Madeline said, "no it was a wolf, and it was a HUG... he didn't eat the pig!". The rest of the night Meredith would look at me and say, "a hug?".
During one trip in the car, Madeline started singing this song we had never heard before, Down by the Riverside by Four Lads. We didn't even know the song! Nanny Karen had apparently taught them it and the 2 of them loved it. I decided to make them perform it for the blog. Here are the lyrics in case you can't understand them singing.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Okay - so I know I'm biased, but they are too cute for words! I LOVE THE VIDEO!!! So did Edwin...he was clapping along with them. Can't wait to see you all in Aug. Missing my M&Ms sooooo much!!!

Mary Lou said...

I must be showing my age but I know that song!